Get the GiST
Posted on Thursday 8th June 2017
Front cover of the latest edition of the GiST.
A new issue of Guy’s and St Thomas’ quarterly magazine, the GiST, is out now.
Read about the latest news, developments and achievements of staff from across the Trust, including Evelina London.
In this edition:
- The new Ronald McDonald House for families of patients being cared for at Evelina London is opened by the Duchess of Cambridge
- Four-year-old Lucy Boucher donates 3D models of her life-saving kidney transplant to the Science Museum
- Dr Mike Farquhar, Consultant in Sleep Medicine at Evelina London, talks about a campaign to encourage staff to take their breaks so they are able to provide the best treatment for patients
- Kehinde Olarinmoye explains how her son’s epilepsy has been brought under control by the expert team at Evelina London
- Evelina London patient, Myzat Mugomba, is the first person in South London to get a hi-tech electric wheelchair that gives her the freedom to move around independently and keep up with her school friends
- Healthy Weight Specialist nurses, Caroline Machamire and Yancy Jenson, share how they are helping to tackle childhood obesity in Lambeth and Southwark.
Read the GiST online.
Copies of Issue 22 of the GiST are available from stands at Evelina London Children’s Hospital and both Guy’s and St Thomas’ hospitals, our health centres in Lambeth and Southwark, and other local community facilities.