Area of expertise: general medicine, bladder disorders, urinary tract infections
Languages spoken: English and Arabic
Dr Rim El-Rifai is a consultant paediatrician with a specialist interest in bladder disorders.
Rim joined the bladder team at Evelina London Children's Hospital in January 2017. Prior to that, she was a consultant paediatrician with a specialist interest in kidneys (nephrology) and bladder problems at Queen Mary's Hospital for Children, St Helier Hospital from 2003 to 2017.
Rim is an experienced healthcare leader and she has a long history in NHS leadership and quality improvement. She has held several clinical leadership positions in other healthcare organisations and is involved in medical education and assessments for the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health and the associated medical school.
- 1985: MD – Damascus University, Syria
- 1990: MS in paediactrics – Aleppo University, Syria
- 1995: MRCPI – Royal College of Physicians of Ireland, Dublin
- 2003: DPMSA – The Worshipful Society of Apothecaries, London
- 2004: FRCPCH – Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, London