Area of expertise: anaesthesia for children, anaesthesia for heart surgery
Dr Heng Gan joined Evelina London Children’s Hospital and Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust as a consultant in July 2015. His major clinical interest is in anaesthesia for children with heart conditions (paediatric cardiac anaesthesia).
Prior to becoming a consultant, Heng completed a fellowship in paediatric anaesthesia at the British Columbia Children’s Hospital, and a fellowship in cardiothoracic anaesthesia at the Royal Brompton Hospital.
- 2000: MBBCh, University of Cambridge
- 2003: Membership of the Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health (MRCPCH)
- 2009: Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists (FRCA)
- 2014: Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT)
- Anaesthesia for children
- Anaesthesia for children with heart conditions
- Airway management in children.
- Technology in anaesthesia
- Clinical monitoring
- Mobile health
- Global health.
- 2015: APAGBI Best Poster Prize, Association of Paediatric Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland
- Thrasher Research Fund Early Career Award 2012-2014 (Thrasher Research Fund, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA)
- Trainee Clinical Investigator Seed Grant Award 2012 (Child & Family Research Institute, Vancouver BC, Canada).