Area of expertise: asthma, infant respiratory disorders, complex paediatric airways
Dr Richard Iles is a consultant in children’s respiratory medicine at Evelina London Children's Hospital, having trained in London, Edinburgh and Toronto.
Previously he was a consultant at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge. There he helped develop the regional children’s respiratory services for Cystic Fibrosis and severe and difficult to control asthma.
He held an honorary lecturer post in health economics at the School of Medicine, Health Policy and Practice, UEA in Norwich from 2004-2010. In 2013 he became the clinical lead for National Paediatric Asthma Collaborative, NHS England, and is clinical advisor to the Paediatric Asthma Quality Improvement Program for the Health London Partnership.
- 1985: MBBS - St Thomas' Medical School, University of London
- 1990: MRCP Paediatrics
- 1997: CCST General and Respiratory Paediatrics
- 1998: Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh
- 2015: MA - University of Cambridge
- Asthma including severe and difficult to control asthma
- Infant respiratory and airway conditions
- Long term ventilation in children
- Non-invasive non-contact respiratory function assessment in adults and children
- Asthma quality improvement including the review of deaths in children's asthma
- Medical innovation
- 2010: Medical Futures best business and best respiratory innovation
- 2013: European Respiratory Society product of outstanding interest