Dr Nirmala D Kongbrailatpam has been a consultant paediatric anaesthetist at Evelina London since 2010.
After studying medicine and qualifying as an anaesthetist in India, Dr Kongbrailatpam worked in Zambia under the United Nations Development Programme.
She then came to London to gain more anaesthetic experience. After continuing her training in the UK, she become an NHS consultant paediatric anaesthetist in 2002, and has worked at Evelina London Children’s Hospital since 2010.
- MBBS, Andhra Medical College, India
- MD in anesthesiology from AlIMS, New Delhi, India
- Diploma in anaesthetics from The Royal College of Anaesthetists, London
- Fellow of The College of Anaesthetists, RCSI, Dublin
- Completion of specialist training from The Medical Royal Colleges, London.
- Paediatric and neonatal anaesthesia
- Paediatric pain management
- Education and training