Dr Gareth Morgan's undergraduate and early postgraduate training was at The Queens University of Belfast and the Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children. Here he also completed his MPhil research thesis in paediatric cardiology before SpR training in paediatric and adult congenital cardiology at University Hospitals Bristol.
Dr Morgan’s subspecialty fellowship in interventional congenital cardiology was carried out with Dr Lee Benson at the Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario 2008-2010.
He was first appointed consultant paediatric and adult congenital cardiologist at University Hospitals Bristol in 2010 and has been an honorary senior lecturer at the University of Bristol since 2011.
Dr Morgan was appointed as a consultant congenital interventional cardiologist at Evelina London Children’s Hospital in June 2013.
- Interventional treatment in congenital heart disease
- Pathophysiology and management of coarctation of the aorta
- Educational lead for postgraduate training in paediatric cardiology
- Management of patients moving from paediatric cardiology to adult congenital cardiac services.
- Development of new techniques for interventional treatment of congenital heart disease.