Area of expertise: rheumatology (joint problems) in children.
Nick Wilkinson joined the Evelina London Children's Hospital to set up the paediatric rheumatology service for south London and the south east costal region.
Nick specialises not just in children's rheumatology, but adolescent rheumatology, chronic pain, sports and exercise medicine, and is involved in research in a number of these areas.
He is an executive member of British Society for Paediatric and Adolescent Rheumatology, where he recently set up the national parents' group.
Nick previously worked in Vancouver, Great Ormond Street Hospital and Nuffield Orthopaedic Hospital, Oxford, where he established the paediatric and adolescent service covering the south thames region.
- MBChB – University of Edinburgh
- MD – University of Edinburgh and St George’s Hospital Medical School.
- Juvenile arthritis, SLE (lupus), juvenile dermatomyositis, vasculitis, periodic fevers and other inflammatory diseases
- Children's and adolescent chronic pain and rehabilitation
- Teenage and young adult care
- Biomechanical pain, sports and exercise medicine and hypermobility.
- Associate editor Cochrane Pain, Palliative and Supportive Care group (PaPaS)
- Chronic pain and rehabilitation
- Adolescent care
- Biologic therapies.
- 2003: Kourir Award (Paediatric Rheumatology European Society).