Area of expertise: oral health of children and adolescents with medical problems.
Dr Catherine Williams was worked as a consultant in our children's dental services since 2005.
The focus of her work is on the oral health of children and adolescents with medical conditions.
- The Royal London Hospital Medical College Dental School
- Middlesex Hospital Medical School
The oral health of children and adolescents with medical problems.
- The role of oral health as a risk factor for pre-term and low birthweight infants
- The oral health knowledge of pregnant women.
- 1977: Medical Research Council Grant for an intercalated physiology BSc at the Middlesex Hospital Medical School. Special interest in respiratory and cardiovascular physiology.
- 1996: Member of research team awarded NHS Research and Development Grant to look at oral health in mothers as a risk factor for prematurity and low birthweight.
- 2001: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow TC White Travel Fellowship to work with a colleague in a paediatric dental department in Kota Kinabalu Malaysia.