First floor, Evelina London Children’s Hospital.
Directions: take the Red Moon lift (lift B) to the first floor. This is at the far end of the hospital beyond the helter-skelter.
Husky Ward is a specialist unit where medical procedures and operations can be carried out without the need for patients to stay in hospital overnight.
We also have a Children's Day Unit in North Wing, St Thomas' Hospital, a short walk away. If you're asked to go to the Children's Day Unit you will need to go to 10th floor, North Wing, St Thomas.
Information for visitors
- Visiting hours are when the unit is open – 7.30am-8pm Monday to Friday, and on alternate Saturdays.
- No more than two visitors per bed at once.
- Visiting children must be supervised by an adult.
- Please be quiet in the evenings.
- If you need to use a mobile phone, please do so in the parents’ room.
- Always clean your hands with alcohol gel when you enter or leave the ward to reduce the risk of infection.
- If you have been in contact with someone who has chicken pox, speak to the nurse in charge before entering the ward. Some of the children are very sensitive to infections.
- Please speak to your nurse about visiting if you have symptoms of cold or flu, or have diarrhoea or vomiting.
Staying with your child
You can sit with your child at their child's bedside or in the pre/post admission lounge.
A bottle warmer is available on request.
There is one play area with toys and activities around the central desk.
There is a bedside play specialist on the ward who will come and meet you during your stay.
Snack boxes are available all day after your child's procedure.
A fridge is available for your food – make sure you label it clearly with your child's name and the date.