10th floor, North Wing, St Thomas' Hospital
Directions: turn right at St Thomas' main reception, walk past the toilets and shop and turn left into the North Wing lift A lobby. Take any lift up to the 10th floor.
The Children's Day Unit is a specialist unit where medical procedures and operations can be carried out without the need for patients to stay in hospital overnight.
Information for visitors
- Visiting hours are when the unit is open – 7.30am-8pm Monday to Friday.
- No more than two visitors per bed at once.
- Visiting children must be supervised by an adult.
- Please be quiet in the evenings.
- If you need to use a mobile phone, please do so outside of the unit.
- Always clean your hands with alcohol gel when you enter or leave the ward to reduce the risk of infection.
- If you have been in contact with someone who has chicken pox, speak to the nurse in charge before entering the ward. Some of the children are very sensitive to infections.
- Please speak to your nurse about visiting if you have symptoms of cold or flu, or have diarrhoea or vomiting.
- A bottle warmer is available on request.
Toys are available in each area of the children's day unit.
There is a bedside play specialist on the ward who will come and meet you during your stay.
Snack boxes are available all day after your child's procedure.