The infection prevention and control team have been in contact with the elves at Santa’s headquarters and can confirm:
1. Santa is an essential worker so he doesn’t need to quarantine when he travels.
2. Santa has been having a daily COVID-19 test in the14 days before Christmas Eve.
3. Santa has completed his online infection prevention and control training.
4. Mrs Claus and the elves have checked that Santa knows his six step hand hygiene technique.
5. Santa will roll up his sleeves so he can wash/sanitise his hands properly.
6. Santa has a special facemask and goggles to ensure he protects all of the children and their families.
7. All presents have been cleaned with special tinsel wipes.
Federico Tabios Jr
Clinical Nurse Specialist Infection Prevention and Control
Deputy Director Infection Infection Prevention and Control