Get The GiST
Posted on Friday 24th February 2017
Front cover of the latest edition of the GiST.
A new issue of Guy’s and St Thomas’ quarterly magazine, the GiST, is out now.
You can read about the latest news, developments and achievements of staff from across the Trust, including Evelina London.
After his son Zaki’s life was saved at Evelina London Children’s Hospital, London Fire Brigade Deputy Assistant Commissioner, Andy Roe, pledged to use his skills as a firefighter to help the hospital. Read an interview with Andy explaining how he came up with a £1 million idea to rig a zip wire across the river Thames.
Also in this edition:
- Staff who have worked for Guy’s and St Thomas’ for more than 25 years are celebrated. Peter Swift, charge nurse on the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), talks about the advances in intensive care.
- Find out what happened when ITV’s This Morning presenters came to visit
- Our school nurses explain how they connect with young patients
- Housekeeper Louvaine Lodrick shares the best thing about working for Evelina London
- Read a round-up of recent Trust news including the official opening of the new Snow Leopard ward for children with breathing difficulties and the opening of a new Ronald McDonald House offering free accommodation for families of children in hospital.
Read the GiST online.
Copies of Issue 21 of the GiST are available from stands at Evelina London Children’s Hospital and both Guy’s and St Thomas’ hospitals, our health centres in Lambeth and Southwark, and other local community facilities.