The staff at Evelina London Children's Hospital looking after your child will help you plan for when they are ready to go home.
We may need to ask you about your home, for example, how many stairs you have and whether your child has help or support from social services or community health professionals.
The aim is to make sure that you have all the services you need before you leave us.
Before you leave
Before you leave, please make sure you have been told and understand:
- what to expect when you get home
- how to best look after your child at home
- what to watch out for
- who to call if you have concerns
- what medicines your child is taking
- how and when to get a repeat prescription
- what help you can expect from your GP, health visitor or children's nurse.