Get the GiST
Posted on Friday 1st March 2019
The Duchess of Cambridge with a young Evelina London patient
A new issue of Guy’s and St Thomas’ quarterly magazine, the GiST, is out now.
Read about the latest news, developments and achievements of staff from across the Trust, including Evelina London.
In this edition:
- Evelina London’s involvement in a major research study that could lead to ground-breaking new treatment for children with peanut allergy
- Why sleep experts have designed lesson plans for schools to help tackle sleep problems
- Find out what happened when 20 young people took over Evelina London for the day as part of the national Takeover Challenge
- Evelina London received a Royal seal of approval when we kicked off our 150th anniversary celebrations
- Dr Timothy Watts and mum Shona Power share Zach’s story after he was born at 28 weeks and cared for in the Neonatal Unit for the first five months of his life, including his involvement in a pioneering research study
- Supporters Emily and Nick Redmond talk about why they abseiled down the side of St Thomas’ Hospital to raise money for Evelina London
- Shona Perkins, lead nurse for infection prevention and control, explains why the Spanish Flu exhibition at The Florence Nightingale Museum at St Thomas’ Hospital has important messages about how we control the spread of flu today.
Read the GiST online.
Copies of Issue 29 of the GiST are available from stands at Evelina London Children’s Hospital and both Guy’s and St Thomas’ hospitals, our health centres in Lambeth and Southwark, and other local community facilities.