Area of expertise: anaesthesia for children
Dr Katherine Brand was appointed as a consultant paediatric (children's) anaesthetist at Evelina London Children’s Hospital in 2010, following a fellowship at British Columbia Children’s Hospital, Vancouver, Canada.
She is involved in both undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and also has an active role in clinical governance to aid the safe, effective deliverance of anaesthesia to children.
- 1994-2000: United Medical and Dental Schools of Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals, London
- 1997: BSc Pharmacology
- 2000: MBBS
- 2002-2009: South East School of Anaesthesia, London
- 2005: Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists (FRCA)
- 2009: Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT)
- 2009-2010: Post CCT Fellowship in Paediatric Anaesthesia, Vancouver