Mike Champion studied medicine at King’s College London and then trained in children's medicine (paediatrics) before specialising in inherited metabolic diseases (IMD).
He has been a consultant in metabolic medicine since 1998 and is the clinical lead for the IMD service at Evelina London.
Positions and membership:
- Society for the Study of Inborn Errors of Metabolism (SSIEM) Council, 2004-2006
- MCADD Newborn Screening Implementation Group, 2007-2010
- PKU Newborn Screening Standards Advisory Group, 2008-2010
- PKU and MCADD Newborn Screening Advisory Board, 2010- 2014
- IMD National Strategic Advisory Group, 2007-2008
- National Commissioning IMD Clinical Reference Group since 2012
- Rare Disorders Advisory Group since 2013
- Trustee of Evelina Children’s Fund since 2008
- Medical adviser to Contact A Family since 2010.