Dr Vasantha Gowda completed her higher specialist training in paediatric neurology at the Oxford Deanery and specialised further in neuromuscular disorders at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Vasantha carries out full time clinical practice in neurology, and also runs specialist neuromuscular and general neurology clinics at Evelina London. She also supports peripatetic clinics in the south east Thames region.
- 2004-07: MSc Evidence Based Healthcare – University of Oxford
- 2006-12: Paediatric neurology grid training – Oxford Deanery
- 2012-13: Locum consultant in neuromuscular disorders and clinical fellow in neuromuscular disorders – Great Ormond Street Hospital
- 2013-15: Consultant paediatric neurologist – Frenchay Hospital and Bristol Royal Hospital for Children, Bristol
- general children’s neurology
- neuromuscular disorders
Dr Vasantha Gowda is the Principal Investigator (PI) and CoPI for some of the neuromuscular trials at Evelina London. She leads the Nusinersen delivery service at this centre.