Area of expertise: children's dentistry
After qualifying from Newcastle University with a bachelor of dental surgery (BDS) qualification in child dental health, Joanna held numerous senior house officer posts in oral and maxillofacial surgery and paediatric dentistry.
She was awarded membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2002. This allowed entry to specialist training which was undertaken at Guy's and St Thomas’ Hospital, London.
She completed a masters course in paediatric dentistry in 2005 and gained her Membership in Paediatric Dentistry from the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2006.
Joanna completed her consultant training in paediatric dentistry at Guy’s and St Thomas’. She was appointed a consultant in 2009.
- BDSc, Newcastle Dental School, England (1997)
- MFDS RCS, Royal College of Surgeons of England (2002)
- Speciality registrar paediatric dentistry, Guy’s and St Thomas’ (2003–2009)
- Certification of completion of specialist training - FDS (Paediatric Dentistry), RCS (England) (2009)
- Consultant in paediatric dentistry, St Georges hospital (2009 to 2014)
- Consultant in paediatric dentistry, Guy's and St Thomas' (2014 to date).
- Dental alveolar surgery in children diagnosis
- Management of dental caries in children