Area of expertise: Paediatric cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, congenital interventional cardiology
Matthew I Jones was appointed as consultant paediatric and adult congenital cardiologist at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust in 2017. He trained in adult cardiology in Wales, in adult congenital cardiology in London and in paediatric cardiology at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children and the Sydney Children’s Hospital Network in Australia.
He works across both the children’s and adult cardiology services and specialises in interventional cardiology (‘key-hole’) procedures patients of all ages with congenital heart diseases. He is the clinical lead for the congenital catheterisation laboratory.
- MBBS, Guy’s, Kings and' St Thomas’ School of Medicine (2004)
- MRCP, Royal College of Physicians (2008)
- Specialist registration in cardiology (2015)
- Paediatric cardiology
- Adult congenital cardiology
- Intervention (‘keyhole) procedures in congenital heart disease in patients of all age groups (including device closure of PDA, PFO, ASD, VSD, transcatheter pulmonary & tricuspid valve implantation, transcatheter correction of sinus venosus defects)