Dr Lemonde trained as a biochemist at Imperial College London.
He completed a PhD at the Institute of Child Health and Great Ormond Street Hospital, conducting research into inherited metabolic disease (IMD) using molecular genetic techniques and mass spectrometry.
He then studied medicine at University College London and undertook postgraduate paediatric training in the London Deanery.
He completed training as a metabolic specialist (GRID) at Evelina London Children’s and Great Ormond Street Hospitals.
- BSc Biochemistry and Associateship of the Royal College of Science (Imperial College) 1996
- PhD Biochemistry (Institute of Child Health, University College London) 2000
- MBBS (Royal Free and University College Medical School) 2005
- MRCPCH 2010
- GRID training Paediatric IMD 2012-2015.
- Inborn errors of bile acid synthesis
- Mass spectrometry and biomarker discovery.
- Biomarker discovery
Download a list of Dr Hugh Lemonde's publications