Area of expertise: child and adolescent psychiatry, child neuropsychiatry, clinical psychopharmacology
Languages spoken: Urdu
Dr Osman Malik is a consultant child and adolescent neuropsychiatrist at Evelina London Children's Hospital, working in children's neuroscience as well as children's psychological medicine.
He trained in general psychiatry at Charing Cross Imperial College training scheme before working in the children's psychopharmacology service at Great Ormond Street Hospital. He completed higher training in child and adolescent psychiatry with a focus on neuropsychiatry at Great Ormond Street Hospital and the Royal London training programme.
Dr Malik then worked as a consultant child and adolescent psychiatrist for community mental health services in Newham, leading the child liaison and emotional-behavioural problems team.
- 2002: MBBS – Imperial College London
- 2007: MRCPsych
- 2012: CCT in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- children's psychopharmacology
- Tourette's syndrome and tics
- unusual perceptual experiences in ASD and other developmental disorders
- psychiatric presentations in sleep disorders
- functional neurological symptoms
- psychosomatic presentations in children
- exploring mental health difficulties in adopted children
- functional tics
- demand-avoidance in children