Area of expertise: laparoscopy and surgery in newborn babies
Mr Manasvi Upadhyaya was born in India. He received children's surgery training across three continents before beginning his training in the UK.
Manasvi joined the National Training Programme in Cardiff after which he spent two years in Cardiff, two in Bristol, a year in Birmingham and a year as a laparoscopic fellow in Great Ormond Street Hospital, London.
He is an instructor on basic surgical skills course organised by WIMAT (Welsh Institute of Mimimal Access Therapy).
Manasvi joined Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust in December 2012.
- Neonatal surgery (congenital malformations)
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Thoracic surgery
- Thoracoscopic surgery
- Medical education.
- FRCS(Ed), paediatric surgery (gold medal winner), 2011
- MRCS, Edinburgh. 2005
- Certificate of postgraduate training in paediatric surgery, Perth, Australia, 2004
- Postgraduate merit scholarship, 1997
- MCh. paediatric surgery, LTMMGH, Mumbai, 1997
- MS general surgery, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, 1994
- MBBS, Grant Medical College, Mumbai, 1991
- National merit scholarship and joined MBBS, 1985.