Who can refer
We accept referrals for any children under 16 with chronic or acute respiratory conditions from GPs and from hospital consultants. We do not see patients with TB or cystic fibrosis.
We work closely with the Evelina London paediatric sleep service.
How to refer
Referrals should be addressed to the children's respiratory service and can be sent by email or post using the referral contact details in the box on this page.
In an emergency, please contact the paediatric registrar via the main hospital switchboard on 020 7188 7188 and ask for bleep 0339.
- Asthma and general respiratory conditions, except TB and cystic fibrosis.
- History taking and full examination
- Spirometry and inhaler technique
- Asthma education
- Chest x-ray and chest CT with or without contrast
- Flexible bronchoscopies and bronchoalveolar lavage
- Respiratory sleep studies
- Combined sleep studies with EEG
- Initiation and monitoring of home ventilation.
- Patients over 16 years old
- Patients with known cystic fibrosis.