Get the GiST
Posted on Tuesday 19th November 2019
Marina Yaquobi wearing a birthday hat and holding a bright pink balloon.
A new special edition of the Guy’s and St Thomas’ quarterly magazine, the GiST, celebrating Evelina London's 150th birthday, is out now
In this edition:
- read about a couple who named their daughter after Evelina London as a tribute to the staff who saved her life.
- find out about a groundbreaking trial that has helped a schoolboy with achondroplasia to grow.
- read about HRH The Duchess of Cambridge's recent visit to Sunshine House Children and Young People's Development Centre.
- find out how TV presenters Dr Ranj and Dr Ronx Ikharia encouraged patients to "dream big" at our annual Inspiring Youth Conference.
- learn how Isabelle Everest became a judo champion after receiving pioneering surgery at Evelina London.
- read about how eight-year-old cover star, Marina Yaqobi, who stayed with us for eight months, was able to return home after her father donated his kidney to her.
Read the GiST online.
Copies of issue 32 of the GiST are available from stands at Evelina London Children’s Hospital and both Guy’s and St Thomas’ hospitals, our health centres in Lambeth and Southwark, and other local community facilities.