Area of expertise: minimally invasive surgery, thoracoscopic surgery, robotic surgery.
Languages spoken: English, French.
Nordeen Bouhadiba, MBBS. MRCS, FRCS, is a consultant in children's (paediatric) surgery. He describes his job as 'the most satisfying job in the world'.
Fulfilling a childhood desire, Nordeen trained to be a surgeon in Nice, France, eventually specialising in paediatric and neonatal surgery. Here he concentrated on widening his surgical expertise, focusing in particular on minimally invasive surgery.
Nordeen further developed his expertise when he moved to the UK, gaining membership and fellowship in paediatric surgery after completing full training as a specialist registrar in paediatric surgery.
Nordeen has worked as a locum consultant in three large UK paediatric surgical tertiary centres. During this time, he:
- organised the eastern region paediatric surgery video conference meeting between Norwich and Addenbrookes hospitals
- introduced a new course on ultrasound guided central venous line insertion in Norwich and Evelina London, implementing the NICE guidelines
- set up a new workshop on virtual reality simulation and video laparoscopy at Norwich and Evelina London.
Nordeen is actively involved in teaching doctors and nurses. He is also regularly involved in formal medical student teaching and is an examiner at OSCE finals.
These placements at consultant level have also given him an active role into clinical governance, departmental practices, management experience and a good insight into safeguarding legislation.
Nordeen is particularly keen on further developing his management skills at local and regional level. Having the advantage of being bilingual, this has helped him to become a very effective communicator.
- MBBS, MRCS, FRCS Paediatric Surgery
- European Board of Paediatric Surgery
- DU of videolaparoscopy.
- videolaparoscopic surgery
- neonatal surgery
- thoracoscopic surgery
- robotic surgery
- virtual reality simulation and laparoscopic course provider.
Download a list of Mr Nordeen Bouhadiba's publications (PDF 9Kb).
Mr Bouhadiba is also the author of a chapter on infantile hypertrophic pyloric stenosis in 'TB of neonatal surgery' (ISBN 81-7724-004-8).