Area of expertise: spinal correction surgery in children and adults
Dr Claire Mallinson is a consultant anaesthetist specialising in anaesthesia for children's complex deformity surgery. She has helped to develop the third largest institute in the UK at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust.
Claire is director of medical education for one of the largest number of training doctors in the country. This involves:
- managing and delivering education to our foundation programme
- developing the IMPACT course and simulated skills course for F2 doctors and maxillo-facial junior doctors
- developing a programme for the consultant trainers to ensure the quality of teaching and trainers
- teaching medical junior doctors
- teaching F1 and F2 doctors in lectures and action learning groups, giving feedback, appraisal and direction
- phase 5 undergraduate teacher and lecturer.
Claire is part of the London Deanery clinical tutors group, often speaking and contributing to programmes. As Honorary Treasurer and Chair of NACT, Claire has also contributed to various national reports.