Dr Marilyn McDougall is a consultant in children's intensive care. She has been working in our paediatric intensive care unit (PICU) since 2006.
Marilyn is one of the lead consultants for the South Thames Retrieval Service (STRS) with a key interest in developing and maintaining the South Thames Retrieval Service network.
Marilyn is committed to delivering excellent care for critically ill children and providing support for their families. She also teaches both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Marilyn is one of the founders of our simulation society which focuses on improving patient safety at Evelina London. She has participated in developing regional and national paediatric simulation programmes.
Every year, Marilyn undertakes charitable work in Sri Lanka as part of a team delivering heart surgery and critical care for disadvantaged children.
- MBChB - University of Cape Town, South Africa
- specialist paediatric training - Red Cross Children’s Hospital, Cape Town, South Africa
- 1996: Diploma in Child Health
- fellow of the College of Paediatric and Child Health in South Africa
- member of the Royal College of Paediatrics.
- critical care in children
- human factors and team working
- simulation in education and training.
STeli Innovation in Education award in 2010 for the South Thames Retrieval Service - the judges were impressed by the practical simple dispersed model of multi-professional training, the positive feedback and the impact it has had on changing clinical practice around team working.