Area of expertise: dialysis
Dr Chris Reid trained in children's kidney services (paediatric nephrology) at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospitals in 1991.
In 1994 he did a 12-month fellowship at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto.
Chris was appointed as a consultant here in 1996, and has been head of service for nephrology and urology at Evelina London Children's Hospital since January 2009.
Chris' main clinical interest is in nephrotic syndrome. He also has a lead role in hospital Information Technology.
- 1983: MB, ChB - Liverpool Medical School
- 1991: paediatric nephrology training - Guy’s Hospital
- 1994-1995: paediatric nephrology training - Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto.
- dialysis (head of dialysis at Evelina London).
Dr Reid is involved in clinical research programmes in:
- blood pressure control
- cardiovascular changes in childhood kidney failure.