Professor John Simpson studied medicine at the University of Edinburgh. He then trained in children's and fetal cardiology at Guy’s Hospital, London and at the University of California, San Fransisco, USA.
He has been a consultant at Evelina London Children’s Hospital since 1999 and leads the echocardiography service.
- 1987: MB ChB – University of Edinburgh Medical School
- 1990: Member of the Royal College of Physicians (UK)
- Children's and fetal cardiology training – Guy's Hospital, London
- Children's and fetal cardiology training – University of California, San Francisco, USA
- prenatal diagnosis of congenital heart disease
- imaging of congenital heart disease
- 3D echocardiography
- advanced imaging of congenital heart disease during fetal life
- 3D imaging of the heart including holographic/virtual reality display of the heart
- cardiac function in children with chronic kidney disease or high blood pressure
- cardiac function in children with single ventricle circulation (including hypoplastic left heart syndrome)
- National Clinical Excellence Award