Area of expertise: lower gastrointestinal surgery, laparoscopic surgery
Languages spoken: English, Hindi
Hemanshoo Thakkar is a paediatric general surgery consultant with a specialist interest in lower gastrointestinal and laparoscopic surgery at Evelina London Children’s Hospital.
He qualified from King’s College London in 2009 and undertook his basic and higher surgical training in the London and South East Deanery. Following completion of his training, he worked as a locum consultant at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children. He is a Global Scholar in Surgical Leadership attained from Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA.
Hemanshoo was appointed as a substantive consultant at the Evelina London Children’s Hospital in November 2020.
- 2019: Global Scholar in Surgical Leadership Harvard Medical School, USA
- 2018: FRCS (Eng), FRCS (Paed)
- 2009: MBBS, King’s College London
- 2006: BSc Endocrinology, Clinical and Molecular with Basic Medical Sciences, King’s College London
- Lower gastrointestinal reconstructive surgery
- Minimal access surgery
- Quality improvement
- Surgical leadership
- Necrotising enterocolitis
- Anorectal malformations
- Hirschsprung’s disease
- 2021: Young Consultant of the Year, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
- 2019: Alex Simpson Smith Travelling Fellowship Award, Child Health Research CIO
- 2009: Distinction in Medical Sciences, King’s College London
- 2009: Distinction in Clinical Sciences, King’s College London
- 2009: Distinction in Clinical Practice, King’s College London
- 2009: Distinction in Special Studies, King’s College London
- 2005: The Wolfson Foundation Intercalating Award (£5000), King’s College London