Our dermatology service is a leading centre for skin disease. We provide a range of services for children and young people with skin disorders.
We specialise in:
- eczema and other inflammatory skin diseases
- skin infections
- vascular malformations (collections of abnormal blood vessels) and birthmarks
- hair and nail disorders
- children's vulval skin disorders
- vitiligo (white patches on the skin)
- rare skin conditions, including autoimmune blistering diseases, ichthyosis (thickened, dry and scaly skin) and ectodermal dysplasia (abnormal development of the skin, hair, nails, teeth or sweat glands).
We are a national centre, treating patients from all over the UK.
We support and educate patients and parents/carers affected by skin disease – find out more about our ezcema education programme.
Our department is also involved in clinical research, helping to improve the treatment of children's skin disorders.