Our gastroenterology and nutrition service sees children with conditions affecting the stomach, bowel and organs such as the pancreas.
Our team of specialist doctors, surgeons, dietitians, nurses and pharmacists looks after children in hospital and as outpatients with conditions including:
- coeliac disease and food allergies
- inflammatory bowel disease (such as crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis)
- early-onset autoimmune gastrointestinal inflammatory disorders
- functional gastrointestinal disorders
- gastrointestinal motility disorders
- chronic gastrointestinal symptoms such as diarrhoea or vomiting
- intestinal bleeding
- gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- feeding difficulties and poor weight gain
- intestinal failure and short gut syndrome
- pancreatic disorders
We carry out a wide range of tests to diagnose conditions, including the use of cameras and camera pills to examine the bowel.
We run a specialist clinic for children with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and bowel motility issues. We also run a joint gastroenterology/allergy clinic.
As part of a specialist centre, we also look after children with liver conditions.