This page lists leaflets produced or used by our department. Each leaflet is reviewed at least every three years to make sure it is kept up to date.
- This leaflet is about the alveolar bone graft (ABG) operation. We hope it will help you explain the procedure to your child.
- Information leaflet for parents and carers about orthodontic care for their child's cleft palate or gum at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust.
- Information leaflet for parents and carers, about the treatment a baby needs to prepare for surgery on a facial cleft.
- This leaflet provides you with information about the South Thames Cleft Service clinical psychology team and how we can help you.
- This leaflet will tell you what the cleft service do, as well as what to expect from your first multi-disciplinary team (MDT) appointment.
- This leaflet explains why speech and language therapy is very important after a baby's surgery, and gives advice and tips on how to help them develop their speech.
- This leaflet explains more about velopharyngeal dysfunction (VPD) and provides general guidance for parents/carers.
- CLAPA (Cleft Lip and Palate Association)
The Cleft Lip and Palate Association is a national charity supporting people and families affected by cleft lip and/or palate in the UK.
- Changing Faces
Changing Faces support adults and children with facial disfigurements.
- CRANE (Cleft Registry and Audit Network)
The Cleft Registry and Audit Network Database collects information about all children born with cleft lip and/or cleft palate in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The Cleft Collective
The Cleft Collective Cohort Studies investigates the biological and environmental causes of cleft, the best treatments for cleft and the psychological impact of cleft on those affected and their families.
- Max Appeal
Max Appeal's mission is to ensure that every person with 22q11.2 deletion lives an independent and prosperous a life as possible.