Dr Helen Brough is a children's allergist at Evelina London. She has been the service lead for the children's allergy service at Evelina London since 2015. She runs general allergy clinics, transition allergy clinics for adolescents and the specialist difficult asthma and allergy service. She previously ran the joint allergy and gastroenterology clinics and the community-based allergy service.
Dr Helen Brough is Paediatric Section Chair for the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 2019-2022 and President Elect for the Allergy and Immunology section and the Royal Society of Medicine 2021-2022. She is also Reader in Paediatrics with King's College London.
She completed her higher specialist training in paediatric allergy and clinical immunology at King’s College London and Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust.
- MA (Hons) Cantab - King’s College, Cambridge University
- Medicine - Royal Free and University College London Medical School
- Allergy MSc - University of Southampton
- PhD - King’s College London
- food allergy prevention
- food allergy diagnosis
- respiratory allergies and asthma
- atopic eczema
- delayed gastrointestinal food allergies
- venom allergy
- community based children’s allergy services
- the role of environmental peanut exposure on the development of peanut sensitisation and allergy in children with an impaired skin barrier
- identification of biomarkers of peanut allergy using gene analysis
- prevention and improved diagnosis of peanut, tree-nut and sesame seed allergy.
- 2020: Distinguished Clinician Award from the American Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
- 2017: Prize for Outstanding Abstract Presentation from the European Academy of Allergology and Clinical Immunology & World Allergy Organization
- 2013: British Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology Barry Kay Award
- 2013: European Academy of Allergology and Clinical Immunology & World Allergy Organization Award for outstanding abstract presentation
- 2012: King’s College London postgraduate show-case award (runner-up)
- 2011: American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology International Fellow in Training Award
- 2010: Coeliac UK Health Professional of the Year Award (runner up)
- 2002: Helen Webb Prize Paediatric and Child Health
- 2002: Esther Frances White Memorial Prize
- 2000: Royal Free and Blackwell Science Prize for Academic Excellence.