Dr Helen Brough is a children's allergist at Evelina London. She has been the service lead for the children's allergy service at Evelina London since 2015. She runs general allergy clinics, community-based allergy clinics, transition allergy clinics for adolescents and the specialist difficult asthma and allergy service. She previously ran the joint allergy and gastroenterology clinics.
She completed her higher specialist training in paediatric allergy and clinical immunology at King’s College London and Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust. She is an adjunct senior lecturer at King's College London and is actively involved in research to improve the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of food allergy and regularly lectures at national and international conferences. Dr Brough is an active member of the British Society for Allergy and Clinical Immunology and leads their national eczema guideline, is a member of their standard of care guideline committee, their paediatric committee and was previously the meeting secretary for their annual meeting.
- MA (Hons) Cantab - King’s College, Cambridge University
- Medicine - Royal Free and University College London Medical School
- Allergy MSc - University of Southampton
- PhD - King’s College London
- food allergy prevention
- food allergy diagnosis
- respiratory allergies and asthma
- atopic eczema
- delayed gastrointestinal food allergies
- venom allergy
- community based children’s allergy services
- the role of environmental peanut exposure on the development of peanut sensitisation and allergy in children with an impaired skin barrier
- identification of biomarkers of peanut allergy using gene analysis
- prevention and improved diagnosis of peanut, tree-nut and sesame seed allergy.
- 2017: Prize for Outstanding Abstract Presentation from the European Academy of Allergology and Clinical Immunology & World Allergy Organization
- 2013: British Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology Barry Kay Award
- 2013: European Academy of Allergology and Clinical Immunology & World Allergy Organization Award for outstanding abstract presentation
- 2012: King’s College London postgraduate show-case award (runner-up)
- 2011: American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology International Fellow in Training Award
- 2010: Coeliac UK Health Professional of the Year Award (runner up)
- 2002: Helen Webb Prize Paediatric and Child Health
- 2002: Esther Frances White Memorial Prize
- 2000: Royal Free and Blackwell Science Prize for Academic Excellence.