Dr Helen Brough is a children's allergist at Evelina London.
She completed her higher specialist training in paediatric allergy and clinical immunology at King’s College London and Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust.
- MA (Hons) Cantab - King’s College, Cambridge University
- Medicine - Royal Free and University College London Medical School
- Allergy MSc - University of Southampton
- PhD in progress - King’s College London
- food allergy prevention
- food allergy diagnosis
- respiratory allergies and asthma
- atopic eczema
- delayed gastrointestinal food allergies
- venom allergy
- community based children’s allergy services
- the role of environmental peanut exposure on the development of peanut sensitisation and allergy in children with an impaired skin barrier
- identification of biomarkers of peanut allergy using gene analysis
- prevention and improved diagnosis of peanut, tree-nut and sesame seed allergy.
- 2013: British Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology Barry Kay Award
- 2013: European Academy of Allergology and Clinical Immunology & World Allergy Organization Award for outstanding abstract presentation
- 2012: King’s College London postgraduate show-case award (runner-up)
- 2011: American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology International Fellow in Training Award
- 2010: Coeliac UK Health Professional of the Year Award (runner up)
- 2002: Helen Webb Prize Paediatric and Child Health
- 2002: Esther Frances White Memorial Prize
- 2000: Royal Free and Blackwell Science Prize for Academic Excellence.