Victoria completed her undergraduate medical degree at the University of Birmingham. She completed basic surgical training, followed by higher surgical training in otolaryngology in the west midlands.
She tailored her training to develop her interest in subspecialist paediatric ear, nose and throat (ENT) spending a year as a specialist registrar at Birmingham Children’s Hospital, and gaining a 12 month fellowship in paediatric ENT surgery at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
She gained her certificate of completion of training, joining the specialist register in March 2014. She joined Evelina London Children’s Hospital as a locum consultant in March 2014, and was appointed as a substantive consultant January 2015.
- MBChB (Gold Medal) University of Birmingham 2001
- FRCS(Ed) ORL-HNS 2011
- Masters in Medical Education (Merit) University of Warwick 2014
- General paediatric ENT
- Paediatric airway surgery
- Paediatric voice disorders
- Management of airway haemangiomas
- Paediatric adenotonsillar surgery
- Paediatric acute mastoiditis
- Paediatric voice
- Possamai V. Rings, slings and other things: anomalies of the trachea. Accepted for publication. Journal of ENT Masterclass Volume 7 2014.
- Nash R, Possamai V, Maskell S, Bailey M, Albert D. Canal wall reconstruction and preservation in the surgical management of cholesteatoma in children with Down's syndrome. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2014 Oct;78(10):1747-51.
- Possamai V, Hartley BEJ. Voice disorders in Children. Pediatric Clinics of North America. 2013 Aug;60(4):879-9
- Possamai V, Kuo MJ. Paediatric chapter in: Viva Training in ENT: Preparation for the FRCS (ORL-HNS). Eds: Costello D, Winter S. Oxford University Press. July 2013
- Possamai V, Smith M. A star assistant in tympanomastoid surgery. Clinical Otolaryngology. 2013 Apr;38(2):19
- Possamai V, Kirk G, Scott A, Skinner D. Speech in noise testing before and after grommet insertion. Journal Laryngology Otology. 2012 Oct;126(10):1010-5
- Raja UY, Kumar A, Possamai V, Warner D, Barton D. Drug-induced sensorineural deafness caused by antithyroid drugs: a rare side effect. Journal of the Royal College of Physicians Edinburgh. 2010 Sep;40(3):219-20
- Possamai V, Scott A, Neil W. Bone pate collection: a simple solution. Clinical Otolaryngology. 2008 Apr;33(2):19
- Singhal R, Possamai V, Ayshford C, Macnamara M. Gag and tube: A dangerous duo! J Otolaryngol. 2008 Feb;37(1)
- Possamai VJ, Griffiths H. One Size Fits All? A Novel Application of the Adult Merocel Epistaxis Pack. Journal of Larnygology and Otology. 2006 Jan; 120(1):77