Mr Daniel Tweedie, MA FRCS(ORL-HNS) PgCertMEd DCH, is one of a small number of ear, nose and throat (ENT) surgeons in the UK working mainly with children, many of whom have very complex medical needs.
Originally from south west London, he completed undergraduate medical degrees in Cambridge before moving to Newcastle to start clinical practice. He returned to London for specialist training in ENT, including a fellowship in children's (paediatric) ENT at Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital.
Daniel joined the team at Evelina London in January 2013. Apart from clinical practice in all aspects of children's ENT, he also manages adult and children’s ENT emergency cases at Guy’s, St Thomas’ and King’s College Hospitals. He has further interests in clinical research and medical education.
- 2001: MB BChir - University of Cambridge
- 2003: MA - University of Cambridge
- 2008: Diploma in Child Health (DCH) - Royal College of Paediatrics
- 2010: PgCertMEd - University of Dundee
- 2011: FRCS (ORL-HNS) - Royal College of Surgeons of England.
- diagnostic endoscopy and surgery for airway problems in children (including airway reconstruction)
- children’s sleep apnoea and other sleep problems
- hearing loss, ear disease and ear surgery (otology)
- surgery for inherited and acquired children’s head and neck problems
- nose and sinus surgery in children
- excessive salivation (drooling)
- on-call responsibilities for children and adult ENT emergencies.
- tracheostomy in children
- sleep apnoea in children
- tonsil and adenoid surgery
- vascular anomalies of the head and neck
- head and neck surgery in children.
Download a list of publications Mr Daniel Tweedie's publications