Patient information leaflets
This page lists leaflets produced or used by our department. Each leaflet is reviewed at least every three years to make sure it is kept up to date.
- This leaflet explains about cast care and management for paediatric orthopaedic patients.
- This leaflet explains about casting for a TLSO spinal brace. TLSO stands for thoraco-lumbar spinal orthosis.
- A guide for children who have to wear a thoraco-lumbar spinal orthosis (TLSO) spinal brace.
- This leaflet aims to answer your questions about how to prepare your skin before surgery. The purpose of preparing your skin before surgery is to ensure that your skin is thoroughly cleansed to reduce the amount of bacteria that is normally found on the skin. This will reduce the risk of you developing an infection.
- Guide for parents and carers whose child needs to wear a TLSO spinal brace.
- Spine Health– a US website with websites about spinal problems written by patients and medical professionals
- Kid's Health: scoliosis– a website produced by The Nemours Foundation (an American children's health charity) providing information about scoliosis.