Who can refer to the orthotics service?
Consultants and GPs. Private referrals are not accepted.
How to make a referral
Please post or email your referral to the address in the referral contact box.
You must state clearly the reason for referral, along with the following information:
- the patient's name, date of birth and contact details
- the patient's NHS number
- the patient's GP, including contact details
- a diagnosed condition and current clinical presentations/signs
- relevant medical history and any concurrent treatment
- any transport or interpreter services which may be required.
Electronic referrals are also accepted through the EPR system at King's College Hospital.
We aim to process all referrals received within two working days, following which a letter is sent out to the referred patient inviting them to contact the department and arrange an appointment.