Area of expertise: urology
Languages spoken: English, Italian, Spanish and French
Mr Massimo Garriboli graduated in medicine at the University Vita-Salute San Raffaele, Milan in 2003. He trained in children's surgery and children's urology in Italy and Spain and undertook a two-year fellowship in children's urology at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Massimo is an honorary senior lecturer at King’s College London.
Since 2010, in collaboration with Professor Paolo De Coppi at University College London, he has been working on amniotic fluid-derived stem cells and tissue engineering.
Massimo's interests are focussed on bladder replacement and recently, he has obtained a research grant for a project entitled 'autologous cell engineered bladder augmentation'.
- University Vita-Salute San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
- Università degli studi di Milano, Milan, Italy.
- Antenatal counselling
- Neonatal urology
- Posterior urethral valves
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Endoscopic surgery
- Reconstructive urology.
- Clinical trials (posterior urethral valves, pelvi-ureteric junction obstruction, neuropathic bladder, hypospadias, reconstructive urology)
- Amniotic fluid stem cells
- Regenerative Medicine
- Tissue engineering.
- First Poster prize at the 13th Congress of the European Paediatric Surgeons´ Association – 59th Congress of the British Association of Paediatric Surgeons, 2012