We care for children with kidney, bladder and genitalia problems from all over the UK and internationally. We work closely with the kidney service.
We specialise in:
- prenatally diagnosed urinary tract problems like hydronephrosis and cystic kidneys)
- posterior urethral valves
- genital abnormalities like hypospadias
- bladder problems like urinary incontinence
- kidney stones
- pre and post-kidney transplant management
We treat children from prenatal scanning right up until they move to adult services.
We are actively involved in research projects and clinical trials to improve urology treatment. One of our projects is on regenerative medicine with the aim of developing a tissue engineered bladder for children who need complex bladder reconstruction.
If you would like further information on our research projects, please contact Massimo Garriboli.