Area of expertise: prenatal, reconstructive urology
Languages spoken: Hindi Marathi, English
Kalpana Patil has considerable experience working in children's urology and has been practicing this specialty in Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust as a consultant for the past eleven years.
Her experience spans three decades and Kalpana has gained international experience in three different countries; India, Saudi Arabia and the United Kingdom.
She works closely with other south London children's urology services and provides comprehensive care and services for patients from prenatal through to adolescence stages.
- MS general surgery (Bombay India)
- MCh paediatric surgery(Bombay India)
- MSc in surgery sciences (University College London)
- FRCS Eng
- FRCS paed (Intercollegiate Board UK)
- FEAPU Fellow of the European Association of Paediatric Urologist (Europe)
Kalpana completed the London rotation in paediatric surgery and completed the post CCST training in paediatric urology in Great Ormond Street Hospital.
- Prenatal urology
- Reconstructive paediatric urology including bladder reconstructions with mitrofanoff formation to allow patients to achieve social urinary continence and all types of hypospadias repair (simple, complex and redo repairs)
- Specialist joint endocrine and urology clinics for patients with endocrine and urology problems like congenital adrenal hyperplasia andcloacal anomaly
- All congenital kidney and bladder problems like hydronehrosis, duplex kidneys, vesicoureteric reflux, bladder diverticulum and posterior urethral valves.
- Prenatal use of 3D US to predict postnatal renal function
- Management of fetal urological conditions in a secondary or tertiary hospital set up
- Experience of dysport/botox in paediatric idiopathic and neurogenic bladder overactivity.