Who can refer
We accept referrals from GPs and from optometrists, made via the GP.
How to refer
All NHS GP referrals must be submitted using the NHS e-Referral service (formerly Choose and Book).
Referrals sent to the nhs.net mailbox or by post from GPs will not be processed.
Please make sure that:
- for urgent referrals – all clinical letters are attached within one working day of the appointment request
- for routine referrals – all clinical letters are attached within three working days of the appointment request.
We accept referrals for the following paediatric eye conditions:
- squint (strabismus)
- eye movement disorder
- paediatric cataracts
- paediatric corneal problems
- paediatric glaucoma
- visually inattentive babies (non-seeing children)
- paediatric high refractive errors
- blocked tear ducts and watery eyes
- orbital lumps and pathology
- inflammatory diseases of the eyes, systemic diseases and eye.
- contact lens fitting in children
- keratoconus and corneal diseases
- inherited and genetic eye diseases
- paediatric neuroophthalmology conditions
- retinopathy of prematurity.
This service is restricted to patients under the age of 16 years.
We are happy to see or discuss urgent referrals the same day. Please contact any of our consultants on 020 7188 4334.
Alternatively please use the advice and guidance service on the NHS e-Referral Service.