The Neonatal Unit is staffed by an expert team, dedicated to giving your baby the best possible care.
Under the lead of the consultants, a team of 30 junior doctors also provide medical cover on a 24-hour basis.
- Lead nurse – Alex Phillips
- Matron – Patrick Desmonde
- Matron – Justien Duncan
The nursing team comprises of 150 nurses, many who are specialist neonatal nurses, as well as those who are training to nurse within the specialty. We also have a small team of nursery nurses who provide help with feeding and parent craft.
Find out more on the nursing team page.
Other health professionals
In addition to doctors and nurses there are a number of other specially trained staff members who can offer support to you and your baby, including:
- occupational therapists
- ophthalmologists (specialist eye doctors)
- speech and language therapists.
- Secretaries – Lin Brown, Rita Bouferrache
- Ward clerks – Jakira Kamaly