Our clinics are held from 1.30pm to 4.30pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, on the ground floor of Evelina London in the Ocean outpatients department.
How do I get an appointment?
Your GP, consultant or other health professional will make a referral, if accepted an appointment will be offered by post.
Cancelling or changing your appointment
If you need to change or cancel your appointment, please contact the appointments service on 020 7188 4000.
Before your appointment
It is helpful to bring a three-day food diary (if appropriate) and your child’s red book (personal child health record) to the appointment.
During your appointment
You and your child will see a dietitian registered with the health and care professions council.
Your child's first appointments will last 30 minutes, follow-up appointments will last 15 minutes.
All children are weighed and measured prior to seeing the dietitian.
As we are a teaching hospital, students and visitors may be observing the team. We will always ask your permission for them to observe your appointment.
After your appointment
At the end of the appointment, a follow-up appointment may be arranged.
If you have any questions about the follow-up appointment, please contact the appointments service on 020 7188 4000.
For dietetic related questions, contact the children's dietitians on 020 7188 4568.
- Infant and toddler forum – offering practical advice on feeding young children
- Change4Life –- tips for healthier children and families
- Healthy start – advice for families receiving certain benefits on how they can get free milk, fruit, vegetables and vitamins
- British Dietetic Association – information includes diet, behaviour and learning in children, general weaning
- MEND – provider of healthy lifestyle programmes for children and families in local communities
- Teen Weightwise – hints and tips for 13-18 year olds to help you manage your weight for good.