Our Inspiring Youth Conference
This year, the fourth annual Evelina London Inspiring Youth Conference will be held on 21 October in Governors’ Hall, St Thomas’ Hospital.
You will hear from several inspiring speakers who will share their stories and show you ways of taking control of your health and emotional wellbeing. We will also share information about what is available in your local area, and we will be asking for your thoughts on how we encourage young people to get involved in helping us to improve our services.
There will also be many opportunities for you to have your say, including the opportunity to create a poster for the event. The posters should illustrate an idea that you have had to improve our patients’ experience and the posters will be judged by a panel of experts. The winning poster will win a prize and the idea will be carried out by Evelina London.
Register to attend the conference.
Conference poster submissions
We want to hear your ideas!
This year we encourage you to submit a conference poster.
What is a conference poster?
A conference poster is usually a presentation of some research that has been done by a person or organisation attending a conference, these posters are then judged by experts and the winner given a prize. We are giving this idea an interesting spin and asking for you to present an idea on ‘improving care for patients at Evelina London’ both in the hospital and our community.
We have created a template for you to use based on themes that we know are currently important to patients. The posters will be judged by our panel of experts before the event. The winner and runner-up’s will be announced on the day.
The deadline for poster submissions is 5pm on Friday 4 October 2019.
We have identified three areas of improvement for you to choose from:
- Privacy – how can we respect your privacy in hospital and in our community? You could include ideas around technology, the way we speak to you and how we use your information, or something completely different. We have created a template to help you. Download the template for a privacy themed poster (Word 174Kb).
- Emotional wellbeing – we know that supporting your emotional wellbeing as well as your physical health is hugely important. Do you have new ideas about how we can support your emotional wellbeing? We have created a template to help you. Download the template for a emotional wellbeing themed poster (Word 174Kb).
- Communication – How can we develop the way that we communicate with you? What would you like us to communicate with you about? Do you have ideas about the language that we use and how we could change it to suit your needs? We have created a template to help you. Download the template for a communication themed poster (Word 175Kb).
On your poster, please explain clearly:
- The purpose of your idea
- Describe the process you have taken
- Why is your idea important?
- What will your idea change?
- Let us know how the results of your idea will affect the way that patients receive care
Please send your poster to Trish Gray at email@example.com