Dr Yousef Basma is a senior house officer (SHO) ST3 paediatric trainee in neurology.
What it's like training in neurology at Evelina London
As a neurology SHO at Evelina London, you get to:
- work in a busy neurology ward that exposes you to a huge variety of neurological presentations from autoimmune encephelopathy to complex motor disorders.
- experience both chronic and acute presentations with referrals from a very varied catchment area
- work with a large number of consultants with a wide variety of specialist interests in different aspects of neurology
- be part of a supportive team with regular ward meetings
- experience specialist teaching both on the wards and in the classroom.
What it's like being an SHO at Evelina London
At Evelina London, you work in a supportive environment with:
- an opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of cases throughout daily ward rounds.
- lots of opportunities to improve clinical skills
- a very active academic department with opportunities to be involved in publications and audits.
- interactive bleep free teaching sessions giving a great opportunity to be taught by experts in the field over a wide range of topics.
- opportunities to carry out assessments on the ward with keen and approachable doctors (registrars as well as consultants).
- a busy but supportive working environment in a variety of settings from the day unit to inpatients.
- opportunities to attend specialist clinics.