How can my child see an occupational therapist?
- Your child would need to be referral to our service by a professional that has worked with you or your child.
- You can contact us directly if we have previously worked with you or your child.
- You can book an appointment in our drop-in clinic. For more information see our advice clinics.
Our referral form
Community children's services referral form (Word 182Kb).
Please ask the referrer to complete our referral form (above) and email it to us: email@example.com
Children or young people referred to us should:
- be registered with a Lambeth or Southwark GP
- be 0-16 years (16-19 years if still in full time education)
We will consider referrals for:
- children or young people who have physical impairments and are having difficulties participating in everyday activities.
- children or young people with autism who are having difficulties participating in three or more everyday activities
- children or young people who have coordination difficulties who are having difficulties participating in three or more everyday activities
- babies or toddlers (under 24 months) whose difficulties impact parent or infant occupations eg: dressing, changing, feeding, soothing and calming or engagement and play
- preschool children who are having difficulties participating in three or more everyday activities, and whose difficulties are not in line with their overall developmental ability
- school aged children or young people, who are having difficulties participating in four or more everyday activities, and whose difficulties are not in line with their overall developmental (learning) ability.
- looked after children: If you have concerns about a looked after child whose needs are not described above, please contact us to discuss a referral. When referring a looked after child to our service, please clearly indicate this on the referral and provide details of the child’s social worker.
For children who are having difficulties with some everyday activities, but who do not meet the criteria listed above, we suggest that you follow our resource packs.
How long will my child wait to be seen?
We aim to see everyone within 18 weeks of receiving their referral. If you have been waiting longer than this, please let us know.
Local authority social care occupational therapy contacts
Should your child need home equipment or home adaptations, they should be referred to the relevant social care occupational therapy team. Please see contact details below.
Olive Morris House
18 Brixton Hill
London SW2 1RL
Tel: 020 7926 0580
Access and information team
Health and community care
Occupational therapy service
PO Box 70063
London SE15 9EJ
Tel: 020 7525 1558