Our community physiotherapy service provides specialist assessment and treatment for babies, children and young people (0-19 years old) who have a registered Southwark or Lambeth GP. We work with the following groups of children:
- babies with motor difficulties or delay
- babies with orthopaedic conditions (for example torticollis or head turn preference)
- babies born prematurely with movement concerns
- babies and children with emerging and/or confirmed neurodisability (for example cerebral palsy)
- children with conditions impacting on their function and participation within the community setting.
See detailed referral criteria.
Where do we work
Our main community sites are Mary Sheridan Centre (Lambeth), and Sunshine House (Southwark). We also visit nurseries, schools, homes and other community sites depending on your child’s physiotherapy needs.
Read a leaflet about our service
Find out more about our children’s community physiotherapy team. (Word 442Kb)
Our team consists of qualified paediatric physiotherapist that are registered with Health Care Professional Council (HCPC) and members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP). Our team is also supported by physiotherapy technical instructors. We are based at Sunshine House and Mary Sheridan Centre.
Our physiotherapy groups and more specialist services