Our care pathways
Our service is divided into five main care areas:
- early years intervention for the under 5s with developmental delay or movement disorders
- complex physical disabilities including neurological impairments or significant movement delay
- school age review clinic for children with mild to moderate physical impairment
- motor assessment skills clinic for children with developmental co-ordination disorder/dyspraxia
- musculoskeletal clinic for children with abnormal gait and/or pain
Who can refer
Referrals are accepted from health professionals (health visitors, GPs etc) or school staff. You should carry out an assessment of the child's physical difficulties and provide us with information about them in your referral, including any difficulties that cause problems with function.
Children must be registered with a GP in Southwark or Lambeth in order for us to accept the referral. If a child is registered with a Lambeth or Southwark GP, but goes school out of the borough, we will provide the initial assessment at one of our centres. We will then make recommendations and advice to be sent to the school, but won't work directly with the school.
Parents and carers can self-refer their child if they have previously been known to the service.
How to make a referral
Please download and fill in the referral form (PDF 225Kb) and then email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.