The looked after children service at Evelina London provides statutory health services to children looked after by either the London Borough of Southwark or the London Borough of Lambeth. Our teams are based at Sunshine House in Camberwell for Southwark services and Mary Sheridan Centre in Elephant and Castle for Lambeth services.
What do we do?
- carry out initial and review health assessments
- carry out immunisations (vaccinations) and developmental health checks, including finding out whether dental checks are up to date
- complete assessments for children being considered for adoption
- complete assessments for potential adopters and foster carers
- provide advice to adoption and fostering panels
- provide enhanced health services to care leavers
We work closely with the health visiting and school nursing services.